Pages

WHAT I LIKE

My perfect day:

8 hours of sleep

7 hours of work

9 hours of freetime



My favorite places:

Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Grand Canyon National Park

Cheaha State Park

DeSoto Falls National Preserve

James Martin Wildlife Preserve

Gorham's Bluff

Amicalola Falls State Park



My favorite activities:

Shooting with my sister Janice

Playing with my granddaughters

Beating my husband at tennis

Hiking and camping

Do I even need to say photography

Girls' trips with my sisters and mother

Working out in spin class

Cooking something delicious

Dining by candlelight on our deck with my hubby



I'M GLAD YOU STOPPED BY. PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT OR TWO!

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Snow in Rollingwood


Many of us in Northeast Alabama just roll our eyes when an exurberant weather forecaster tells us about the snow headed our way. As odd as it seems, middle to southern Alabama usually gets more snow than we do, if it snows at all, because of the moisture coming up from the Gulf of Mexico.

Again we rolled our eyes with the news of the approaching snow. It was predicted that the middle to southern regions of our state would get 3 to 5 inches and areas north of Birmingham would get 1 to 2 inches.

I didn't make the pilgrimage to the grocery store for milk, eggs and bread. I didn't get my hopes up.

February 12, 2010 was a delightfully snowy day with accumulation of about 3 inches.

So nice to be spared the disappointment.

So fun to feel the crunch of snow under my feet and see my part of the world wrapped beautifully in a fluffy white blanket.
 
OUR HOME
 
 


OUR NEIGHBORS





AROUND US













1 comment:

NOT Amy, but Janice said...

Love your words and photos! Well done!