Pages

WHAT I LIKE

My perfect day:

8 hours of sleep

7 hours of work

9 hours of freetime



My favorite places:

Great Smoky Mountains National Park

Grand Canyon National Park

Cheaha State Park

DeSoto Falls National Preserve

James Martin Wildlife Preserve

Gorham's Bluff

Amicalola Falls State Park



My favorite activities:

Shooting with my sister Janice

Playing with my granddaughters

Beating my husband at tennis

Hiking and camping

Do I even need to say photography

Girls' trips with my sisters and mother

Working out in spin class

Cooking something delicious

Dining by candlelight on our deck with my hubby



I'M GLAD YOU STOPPED BY. PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT OR TWO!

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Parrot Mountain and Gardens

My two sisters, mother and I try to get away every few months or so for a little trip.  We love the Great Smoky Mountains, so this is where we usually go.  We knew before we left that both Cades Cove Motor Trail and Roaring Fork roads would be closed.  Janice did some internet searching and planned for us to visit Parrot Mountain and Gardens in Pigeon Forge.  She chose well!  We had a great time walking among the many birds, watching an entertaining bird show, feeding & petting the birds and photographing them!












Kookaburra

Here's the Plan (Explored)





White Cockatoo Parrot

And just to show that I was there, I'll share this picture that Janice made.  The parrot's name is Baby.  When Janice took the picture, Baby had just said, "Can I bite your neck?"
By my expression you can see that I'm both alarmed and entertained!

Mimi and the Vampire

Happily we departed Parrot Mountain and Gardens without any bites and poop free!

1 comment:

NOT Amy, but Janice said...

What a great account! It was so much fun! I love ALL your photos! You rock! :)